October 9, 2014

Day 9: Christmas Activity Advent Calendar

OK, so I know it's REALLY early for some of you to begin thinking about Christmas... but I sincerely dislike trying to find Christmas gifts, fighting crowds, at the last minute. (We've done this so many years in the past - I like to think early, end early now a days!) 

One thing I started a few years that my children actually LOVE is the Christmas Activity Advent Calendar. Instead of getting a little treat every day in the month of December leading up to Christmas our envelopes labeled 1-25 have inside of them an activity to do that afternoon. The kids each take turns opening the envelopes in the morning... which gives me time for a last minute stop at the store on my way home if I need to grab anything for the activity that afternoon. 

I began to compile our Activity Advent Calendar today... and as I sat here staring at a blank blog sheet not knowing what in the world I would post, I decided to share it with you. I hope you like it!


As Christmas approaches I hope you don't forget the reason for the season... its not a day to simply share material gifts with those you love or associate with, its a day to celebrate the fulfilled promise of our Heavenly Father to deliver to us a Savior. 

Photobucket

No comments: