October 7, 2014

Day 6: Praise

Praise... it is the reason we were created - to give Him praise and glory. 
Isaiah 43:21 The people I have formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
I remember the first time I read Ann Voskamps book One Thousand Gifts. I remember how blessed, how touched and inspired I was by her willingness to essentially give God praise in the simple mundane moments of her everyday life. 

A simple sight, a smell, a thought or a word... anything and everything is worth giving Him praise. 
Hebrews 13:15 (NIV)Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.
If you've never read her book I encourage you to do so. 

You can visit her website HERE as well. 

No matter what you are going through in your life, no matter what situation or circumstances you might find yourself in, you can ALWAYS find a reason to praise God. Even if it's solely for having the breath in your lungs to be able to do so. 
Psalm 145:3 (NIV) Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
We cannot even fathom His greatness! 
Psalm 18:3 (NIV) I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies. 
He is there... when no one else is, when no one else can be... when no one else wants to be, He is there. Sometimes God allows us to drop to the lowest points in our lives so that once we reach the bottom we have no choice but to look UP... when we are weak, when we can no longer try by our own hands to fix the problems we face... we feel as if we have no choice but to put it in Gods hands. After we've drained all of our resources and call on God, and he comes in and fixes it we have no choice but to give Him the glory and the praise. If we would only begin with handing it over to Him... we would save ourselves so much heartache. 
Revelation 7:12 (NIV)  Amen! Prise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!


Photobucket

No comments: